Tuesday, June 26, 2012

On Summer Hiatus!

I thought I'd write a little today just to let you know that I'm okay----I'm just on summer hiatus.

I've been doing a lot of traveling and haven't had time to do much blog writing.    I just returned from a trip to Kansas, where I attended my 50th High School Reunion at Maple Hill High School.   There were ten in my graduating class and eight of us were present.   It was great to see everyone again.   The other two are alive and well, but live in Ohio and Connecticut and distance prevented them from making the trip.   Go Cowboys and Cowgirls!!!

I'm going to be leaving on July 4th and taking my first river cruise on The Danube, followed by a visit to Mallorca.   I've never seen or experienced the Danube so I'm looking forward to that.   I have visited Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Mediterranian.    I liked it very much in 1975---now we'll see what has changed.    I'll return to Palm Springs on July 18th and perhaps then, I'll have the time to resume writing.

I had a fun trip to the San Diego Zoo this past weekend.   The giant pandas were great!!  If you've never been to the SDZ, I highly recommend it.   In addition, temperatures were in the 70s in San Diego while they were 110 in Palm Springs---what a difference two hours makes.


A giant panda enjoys a lunch of bamboo shoots in the San Diego Zoo.




I hope this post finds you all well.   Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment